Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Winter Dreaming of Paddling

Well it's snowing and freezing rain today, and I'm dreaming and making plans of paddling shortly. I thought I would share a few photo's from paddling the Pictured Rocks area from the past few years.

View of Miners Castle from overlook and from the water. Miner's Castle lost a turret this last year forever changing its appearance. Remember these formation are all sandstone of various densities and are eroding continuously.















View of Mosquito Beach. It is a flat sandstone shelf, which is fun to time waves so you can be set down of it without getting out of your boat. It also has great campsites.




Josh framed by Lover's Leap Arch.











Paddling just North of Sand Point on our way to Miners Castle.










Chapel Rock just past Chapel Beach.
















Battleship row, lots of refracting waves to play in.











Chief's Head




Looking at these helps remind me that summer is coming, just not fast enough! I'm looking forward to two weeks in Georgia paddling at Tybee Island and then circumnavigating Cumberland Island for a week. Until I see you on the water keeping paddling or dreaming.

1 comment:

Irina said...

It looks so beautiful. I wish I was there paddling. Can't wait till ice melts and weather is over 35 degrees then I will be on the water!!